Thursday, February 28, 2008

New Macbook and Macbook Pro's

I saw a student and their parent at Barnes and Noble the other day and they were asking about how I felt about certain apple products.  As most of you know, I love all things Apple.  I think they have a direction for the future which I find unbelievably exciting (your whole world controlled by an iphone and a computer smaller than a macbook air).  But I'm not sure I'm in love with everything being produced now.  So, here is my quick list of reviews.  BTW, you can't go wrong in buying any of these!!!

  MACBOOK AIR - this is the beginning of something huge.  No ethernet port, no optical drive, smaller hard drive.  I wouldn't buy it simply because it has less capacity and is slower than my macbook pro, but if you need something extremely portable and aren't doing any video or audio editing go for it (and let me know how it turns out).  SSD exciting but still has a limit to how many read/write cycles you can complete.

APPLE TV - I own one and I LOVE it. I tried an experiment where I unplugged my cable box and just watched movies and tv shows I rented through my Apple TV.  Saved a ton of money, if I could just find a way to get ESPN on this thing I'd through out my cable for good.

I'll keep you updated as new things come up.  I appreciate all the geek questions you guys are e-mailing.  Hope my answers are helpful.

Blogged with Flock

No comments: